Self-Directed Work Teams: A Key to Success
- Take a whole systems approach
- Create a multi-team structured organization rather than promote a single team approach
- Involve people in the design of the jobs and teams that make up the team-based organization
Create Teams That Do Meaningful Work
- Create teams that make a difference to people within the team and outside of the team
- Provide the team with enough decision-making autonomy
- Make sure the team gets accurate and reliable information about its performance
- Provide leadership support
In a highly participatory approach to creating self-directed teams, people experience working in self-directed teams as they create self-directed work teams. People examine their current circumstances, identify key disconnects, and determine the future they want to create. You’ll be surprised at how fast self-directed teams spring forward with a life of their own.
CONTACT US for more information about our custom designed workshops, coaching services, and speakers.